Tuesday, September 10, 2013

O Meds! O Life! O Docs! Mental Health Poetrusic


O Meds! O Docs! of the symptoms of these recurring;   


Of the Consumers of the Providers-of hospitals fill'd with the ill;         


Of my meds forever reproaching my meds, (for who more foolish than my doctor, and who more sane?) 


Of symptoms that vainly crave the meds-of the doctors and meds mean-of the struggle ever so-called crazy'd;   


Of the poor results of all meds-of the plotting paranoia and sordid symptoms, I see imaginary people 'round me;                  


Of the voices and useless vocalizations of my speech-with rest, my symptoms intertwined;       


The question, O meds! So sad, the side effects-What good amid these meds, these docs, these mental maladies O meds, O boy?           


           


Answer.


 


That therapy and meds are here-that recovery exists, and health;      


That the powerful 'trip' goes on, and the symptoms contribute to our creativity.



Jonathan Harnisch

No comments:

Post a Comment