Tuesday, September 3, 2013

A True Friend


A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down...




Going for the cool "no-smile" image... We were and are and always will be true friends and truly connected. A true friend is true and I probably have more true friends that I would otherwise believe... I'm finding them. I'm finding them.


...True friendship.




This photo is one of true friendship. It's one of my true friends with me, on the day we wrote our flagship song for Schizophrenic and Caregiver band; a fun song called "Pound Puppies." The album is on iTunes under the band name "Schizophrenic and Caregiver."


My true friends inspire me. Inspire me, to be a better person each and every day. They don't quit. They don't leave. And in my otherwise solitude as I post this, I think of my true friends and the true friend that I am becoming with myself.


I have schizophrenia, and am on a new medication which has, so far, taken away the voices that have been a part of my life (many friendly voices and hallucinations, too) for years. It's hard to not have those "imaginary" friends, but I'm learning to cope better and  better without them as I heal every day.


I think we could all heal. And we all are OK to heal. It's nothing to be ashamed of. Nothing to hide. It's a good thing, in fact. A very good thing. Healing helps.


I think that my Life Purpose is to communicate (through words and art) for others. And you all do so much for me.


Thank You, Friends of Mine


I'd like to declare this as my "That's a True Friend Day," even if  just for myself.


I am learning that I am generally a "shame based" person, and so to combat that, I am learning to enjoy time with myself, and the universe; with nature, too.


To all those who feel so alone, it might seem that way, and it might cause a feeling of sadness inside you, perhaps one that hurts beyond words. But I believe, wholeheartedly, that if you can be OK with befriending yourself, you will learn that you really are never alone. And further, that the silence is actually the most peaceful and blissful place to find yourself in, so as to Enjoy the Silence, like the song goes.


If you don't know how it goes, then please join me, in finding out...


Hope works.



True Friendship

'unless you happen to be going down...?'

But I'm not going down. Not with this ship. I'm on board all the way!

All aboard! And ships away...


Jonathan Harnisch

No comments:

Post a Comment