Monday, October 29, 2012

Mental Mania Physical Tranquility




Restored Post from March 23, 2011


Today, I've had and still have mental mania going on (racing thoughts, hyper-activity and pressure to get completely lost and overwhelmed with computer junk and W-O-R-K).


Through staying mindful, I find it amazing, and almost philosophical, that I am not letting my physical self-react to the some-would-call "crazy" mind. Seems that my Life depends on staying mindful, as I mentioned in yesterday's audio blog.  This very moment, my mind is running wild, but I am somehow not physically reacting to it... In other words, I am in a manic episode this very moment, but appearing calm and composed to others who are here with me today, and myself. Rather enlightening... and new for me.


I decided to stay off the computer as much as I can (without pressuring myself), blogging this entry short and sweet, and hopefully inspiring, and just reading... Thoughts that are coming in (worry stuff) -- I'm am just not willing or allowing myself to entertain them... I'm not letting my behavior compliment what's going on above the neck. Can't afford to. Literally, just letting thoughts and fears... all that I simply don't need pass by.


Sometimes I identify certain thoughts by labeling them and even considering them, and sometimes I do not.


You could say that I'm 50% Buddhist!


Jonathan Harnisch


No comments:

Post a Comment