Monday, November 14, 2011

RE: LAST POST

Dear Readers,


Re: THROUGH THE SCHIZOPHRENIC LENS: A GENUINE NOTE


I believe that the last post I wrote--which I have since removed--came from my heart, and was genuine. I meant no harm or humiliation personally to anybody at all--it never even crossed my mind that it would--and although it was shared and retweeted almost 250 times, within just a few hours, I hope that it was due to the "Schizophrenic Lens" aspect to it, and nothing personal. I sincerely meant no harm whatsoever and was simply attempting to portray the general solitude and delusion that the illness of schizophrenia has on me, and perhaps a lot of others with the illness. I will perhaps attempt, another time, to rewrite the post focusing on the aspect of the way that the schizophrenic mind causes a "seeing through an altered lens," which then, ultimately can bring one to a general place of despair, and isolation. I might just move on to something else entirely, for example, a letter I received from a mentally ill reader of Porcelain Utopia, whom I seemed to have touched in a positive way. We'll just see. For now, I am shutting down for the evening after a well-needed massage, and hopefully some good rest ahead. Thank you, and my most sincere apologies to anybody who felt humiliated by my honesty. Again, I meant absolutely no personal harm or humiliation to anybody.


Thank you,


-Jonathan Harnisch

1 comment: